• quotes
  • photo of the day
  • Thursday, June 12, 2014

    All About Toners!

    Every time I watch “get ready with me" videos on Youtube it always includes toner, I got curious and once again decided to try tehee :D

    According to my research, Toner is used as moisturizer, cleanser and pore minimizer. Depending on the ingredients of the product that you are using. Some toners have alcohol content which cleanses the face , tightens the skin but also tends to dry the face so it’s not recommended for dry skin. Other toners also uses ingredients like caffeine and green tea instead of alcohol to tighten the skin. Hmmm so that explains the coffee in Ponds facial wash for men hehehe.

    The first toner that I tried is a toner from a direct selling company, I’m not really sure because that was wayback nineteen forgotten, I don’t have enough knowledge on what it does , what it’s for, just used it maybe twice-thrice and then I didn’t see any result so I stopped using it which I now

    come to realize that beauty cannot be achieved overnight unless you undergo operation or

    something alike. Then after watching videos I decided to give toner a second chance.


    around 160-180 pesos @ SM
    150 ml




    So we went shopping with my workmate she suggested this Garnier Milky Dew Toner which at that time I'm contemplating whether to buy the Nivea Toner or this but I decided to give this a try anyway I can still purchase Nivea once I run out. One of the key ingredient of this toner is the Lemon which contains vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, the key to the production of collagen , a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels and gives skin its firmness and strength [source: WebMD].
    Vitamin C also helps create scar tissue and ligaments, and it helps your skin  repair itself
    [source:MiltonS. Hershey Medical Center].

    On the label

    I didn't have any problem with this product, it didn't cause any allergies and break outs . The smell is also light and not over scented . I was not able to see the lighting effect of the product . I read some of the reviews about this and according to what I have read , it contains alcohol which I didn't pay attention to,all the while I thought that my skin is just really dry that's why I'm using a thick moisturizer


    NIVEA TONER



    169 @ Watsons
    200 ml

    After running out of toner , I went ahead and purchase this , Nivea Mattifying Toner.
    I bought this because I'm a fan of nivea products. I trust them . Other than that I was attracted to the color and the word "aqua effect" on the label . I have dry skin so I need a toner that will not dry my skin. The color attracted me because in my mind it represents water specially that there's a word Aqua hehehe marketing eh!




    Even if it says that it reduces excess sebum and oil to control shine, it didn't really dry my skin . It may be because i'm using moisturizers on top of the toner . This product is nice as well, light scent , no skin allergies and break out, it minimizes my pores and on the ingredients is says that it contains Panthenol , I decided to look this up for me to make sure that it's safe and this is what I found out!


    Panthenol’s molecular structure allows it to attract moisture from the atmosphere and bind to water molecules. The result? Panthenol helps moisturize hair and skin and stops both from getting dehydrated.


    ESKINOL GLUTA-MILK WHITENING TONER



    60 ml
    less than 100 pesos

    I still have my Nivea Toner but I saw this at the department store . It looks like a milk and I know that milk moisturizes the skin so I decided to give it a shot.

    -60 ml
    -less than 100 pesos (can't remember the exact price)

    ON THE LABEL

    GLUTHATION COMPLEX
    MILK ESSENTIALS
    SUNSCREEN




    Guess what! the first time I used this I felt a burning sensation on my skin . I tried it again for the second time on another day but still the same so I never used it again. Now, I'm using it to my husbands face since he didn't mind the burning feeling and his face is really oily. After checking out the ingredients, I just found out today that it has Alcohol! and my skin is dry hmmmm lesson learned , CHECK THE INGREDIENTS .










    No comments:

    Post a Comment